Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Out of Sorts

Ah, I am such a creature of habit. After doing the radio interview last night it was 11 - the time I typically go to bed. Normally, I've had an hour or so to unwind, watch TV, be ready to drop of, which I usually do within minutes of closing my eyes.

But to be spun up into full marketing mode, the adrenaline flowing, heart pumping, isn't an on/off situation. So a had a snack (not really needed, now was it?) and read until after 12. This morning I can't get my head clear.

And to add to matters, I'm wearing this damn bandage on my head. Sunday night I bent over to look at something on the tread mill and when I straightened up I caught the edge of the control panel and ripped a piece of scalp clean off. Lost about 3 or 4 square inches of skin. For someone with a full head of hair it would have been a glancing blow.

If it had been on a leg or arm it would have been an unpleasant abrasion. But on one's naked scalp, a surprisingly sensitive area, it's an open, oozing wound. It it were a bit lower on my forehead I'd look like Gorbachev.

No comments: