Monday, April 26, 2004

And I Thought It Was A Surprise Birthday Party For Me

MacMinute: Jobs to speak on iTunes Music Store anniversary

If you haven't tried out iTunes for searching for and buying music, you're missing out.

My daughter, Kathleen, is a big jazz fan and plays string bass in her high school band (see previous posts here). She came home last week with a hand written list of songs she wanted to hear and learn. A few minutes in iTunes and she had them all (all that I didn't already have, I'm a jazz fan myself). We bought a half dozen tracks for 99 cents each - late Sunday evening. It's damn handy and addictive as hell.

I worry about the music industry, though. Those guys don't get it. I've seen threats of price increases. And they're unhappy with single track sales vs. CDs. But it's way cool and my preferred way of purchasing music (and yes, I've bought more total dollars worth of music in the past year than the previous one).

No comments: