Thursday, February 24, 2005

It Is Inadvisable To Blog While Sleeping

Last night, at some, semi-lucid point, I spent some time composing today's blog entry. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have been posted and I can't remember what I was dream-writing about. Seemed brilliant at the time.

Guess the folks at Blogger.com need to work on that interface a bit more.

Tonight's another "kid concert." You know the kind: one of those school concerts where you kid plays and you've got to go. Both of my girls are musically talented, and I enjoy hearing them play, but we seem to get on these runs where they all bunch together. Last week Jennifer had a "Drama Kids" performance on Tuesday night and a middle school concert Thursday. She had a skating competition on Saturday which meant we had to leave the house before 6 AM. Sunday Kathleen had a Columbus Youth Jazz concert, followed by a full concert by the Columbus Jazz Orchestra. It's always enjoyable, but that eats up an entire Sunday afternoon. Tonight Kathleen has a high school orchestra concert in preparation for the state orchestra competition tomorrow night (which I will not be attending). This concert by itself would be enjoyable, but the director decided the concert would be too short, so he changed it at the last minute to combine with another middle school concert. That's right, I get to sit through another middle school concert, one where I don't have any kids in it. Do you think it would be rude to take my iPod?

Oh, and another concert Sunday afternoon - this one for the Columbus Symphony Youth Orchestra.

No comments: