Friday, March 04, 2005

Haunted by a bluegrass band

/
Last night I met the UPS man at the door to collect my new 60 gig iPod Photo. I hooked it up last night and now can carry my entire music collection, all of my digital photos, and all of my documents and STILL have 20 gigabytes left. I’m sure I’ll figure out how to fill it up soon.

And what’s the first thing I’m listening to this morning? Del McCoury And The Boys




I don’t really listen to that much bluegrass or frankly, know anything about it, but there’s something fascinating about it. A couple of years back at the height of the “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” craze I took the girls to the “Down From the Mountain” concert. Dell and the Boys played as one of the many terrific acts and sang, “All Aboard”. The song is a ghost story, gospel religious experience, and downright frightening and thrilling. It’s not available on iTunes, but go look for this album. There’s a wide mix of stuff there, all with a bluegrass treatment.

No comments: