Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Bush: 'I fake responsibility'

I, however, fake headlines.

CNN.com - Bush: 'I take responsibility' for U.S. failures - Sep 13, 2005

So what, exactly, does taking responsibility mean? So, "Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government . . ." And why was that, exactly? I'm betting we won't see him tell us, "You see, I put a political supporter and crony in charge of FEMA because I thought it didn't matter. From now on, FEMA will only be staffed by emergency disaster professionals and we'll put it back to the cabinet level."

"Oh, and this whole 'homeland security' thing. That ain't work'n out neither. Sorry about that, too."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For anyone not plugged in to this, Bush issued a Federal State of Emergency for all of the affected areas of Katrina... wait for it... The Saturday before the storm! They had three almost four full days of responsibility to act before the storm even hit land! FEMA had full athority OVER local officials to prepare.

Read the Official declaration on the White House Web Site

Just in case there was any doubt over who had authority to prevent this.