Wednesday, July 30, 2003

As Seen on Fark

I'm a bald man and I have no problem with that. I'm fine with the way I look. Actually, I kinda like it this way. I started loosing hair in my early 20's and it went pretty quickly. I could pull off a "thinning" hair look, but instead I shave the top of my head and keep the rest buzz-cut short. Easy to deal with and no shame.

But some day, I expect to have a full head of hair. Just not this way: One Day We'll Grow Hair Like Wheat.

Some day, maybe inside the next 20 years, I expect medical science to perfect a lot of treatments that will extend life and youth. At least I'm holding out hope. I envision a simple treatment, maybe a pill or a nose spray, that will correct all of my bodily ills. My back won't hurt any more. I'll drop all the extra pounds. My hair will grow back, my scars disappear, I'll throw away my glasses, and I'll stop snoring.

Last Sunday, Bob Hope died at the age of 100, a very old man. I look forward to 100 when it's considered nothing but a milestone and we don't know how long people live.

No comments: