Monday, July 28, 2003

A Pocket Full Of Great Books

On occasion I run across a selection of these wonderful little blue books, published by Konemann. They are a marvel and a bargain, to book. They're perfectly sized for slipping in a coat pocket. Very well made. They are classic books and I've enjoyed picking them up as I find them. All are hardback, with slip cover. About five by four inches and rarely more than a half inch thick. I usually find them in discount book stores, although new. My greatest success has been Half Price Books, but I've also found them in book stores in NYC and San Francisco (the legendary City Lights, I believe). My latest find was in the independent and highly recommend Columbus (German Village, really) The Book Loft.

This Saturday, I came their version of "War and Peace" and what a wonderful way to read it. A little boxed set, broken into four volumes. I've also found copies of Poe, Dickens, Jane Austen (one can't just say "Austen", can one?) as well as titles like Frankenstein, Dracula, Dr. J & Mr. H, 20,000 Leagues, etc.

I recommend them to your attention: Konemann's War and Peace

No comments: