Monday, August 18, 2003

So it begins

I've set out today to start the long process of losing weight. Of course, it's a bad time for such things (and perhaps I'll post more about this later this week). I feel like Lloyd Bridges in "Airplane!" - "Why did I pick today to stop sniffing glue?"

I haven't weighted in - not even sure I'm going to step up on the scale at all. Frankly, I don't care what I weigh. I only want to be trimmer and in better shape.

Today, I had two eggs with a dash of heavy cream and a slice of American cheese - a simple omelet. I also have a tall glass of water with breakfast, followed by a cup of coffee at work (more of a mug, really). We'll see how the day goes - I'm more interested in getting through the week than dropping pounds.

In other news, thinking about common ground. Diane and I spent the weekend (a very nice trip by the way) in Boston. We stayed in a downtown hotel and each morning had a muffin and coffee in Boston Common. We talked about the tour book history about the place and in English commons and their enclosures - what that meant for the "common" folk.

It leads me back to thoughts of "cheap labor" conservatives. And of the future.

Much thinking about that to do - to early to say anything here that doesn't make me sound like a crackpot.

I am, of course, a crackpot. I just don't like to sound like one.

No comments: