Saturday, October 29, 2005

Have you seen this man?



This is fun: Online Police Identikit

I suppose that the real police have better tools, but I suspect that an image like that is close enough for identification purposes. It's not like I'm out looking for criminals, but I'm continually frustrated by local news casts that report violent crimes and yet refuse to give a description beyond "two males, approximately 19 years of age." Useless. Someone has probably told them that identifying someone's skin color could be racially charged. It is not. It's simply a description.

Anyhoo. Try this yourself - it's surprisingly difficult to remember exactly what you look like. I did mine from memory, then took this snapshot with my web-cam to compare. I'm not happy with the nose, but they didn't have anything quite the right size or big enough.

3 comments:

Randy Murray said...

Love your APB image!

I don't know how you managed to sit through and entire O'Reilly. Every morning my wife has the radio tuned to the local talk station to get the traffic and weather. I have to make a mad dash to turn it off when they play their morning "Rush Update". No reason to start my day off that way!

Anonymous said...

Back to topic... Randy, is that your "crime face" you have one. I am used to seeing you with a much more pleasant look than that... Or maybe you will look happier in 2008 ;-)

Randy Murray said...

Although I may well look happier in '08, the identikit doesn't provide for Tom Delay grinning mugshots!