Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Remote Madness

I've been trying to program my very expensive super remote to easily operate all of the components of my home theater with one-button ease. I've always thought I was a pretty smart guy, at least with consumer electronics, but this thing is driving me nuts. I'm trying to figure out how to get a Home Theater Master MX-700 remote to switch the video source of my Hitachi 5500 SX projector.

I've "learned" the projector remote into the MX-700, but that only allows me to manually change the video source. What I want is to hit a macro button, for example, "Watch TV". I need the Denon AVR-4802 to switch to TV, the projector to switch to Video, and the lights to dim to setting 4. Oh, and the curtains to open to 4:3 mode. Right now I have to do each manually, or at least mostly.

Oh, and my IR repeater doesn't seem to work reliably. It did for a while, but now it's not. Sometimes. And I didn't change anything.

I'd like to do this myself, but it's getting to the point where I'd pay someone to just make it work. If there were anyone around here that could get me to 100%. It would be even more frustrating to pay someone and still only get to 95%.

No comments: