Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Rule #2 - Use The Scientific Method

Listen, that old adage of "there are many ways of discovering the truth" and laments of "Western ways of thinking", I'm sorry about it, but poppycock. The Scientific Method is the only way.

I'll repeat, I'm not looking for arguments, so argue amongst yourselves. Here's the test: Demonstrate an instance when a method or practice other than the Scientific Method has uncovered and explained any physical phenomenon.

This rule is like unto the first. It is based on skepticism and does not rely on authority. The results are available to all who follow the experimental steps.

And while we're at it I'll tip my hat to Rule #3. You can believe whatever damn stupid thing you want as long as you claim no authority to enforce it.

See how this is working out?

No comments: