Monday, August 04, 2003

Rules To Live By

First, there are no rules.

That may be the most difficult step to take.

"What, then how do I know if I'm doing it right?"

Well, you'll have to determine that yourself. If you expect me to tell you if you're a good person, if you're successfully, if you're smart, beautiful, or worthy, then you're in a heap o' trouble.

And if I can't tell you these things, who can?

No one.

More specifically, here's my first rule, restated and clarified: Always, without exception, mistrust and challenge anyone or anything that claims authority or seeks positions of command or control. Distrust more those who seek to be governed and attempt to include you within the body.

Chaos? Anarchy? No, not at all. I do not say resist authority, only to question it.

All other rules may be derived from this one alone. It is the central component of my philosophy.

The hard part is this: rejoice in this task. To not allow despondency and despair to rule. Peeling back the layers, discovering the real mechanism of the universe, of the affairs of men, or your very heart and soul is a joyous task. Revel in it. For every belief you leave behind, for every misconception and lie you shatter, for every step you take in sharpening the focus on your vision and understanding, declare victory and gain strength.

There are things I could tell you. But I won't rob you of the joy of discovery.

No comments: