Wednesday, October 01, 2003

He Ain't Wrong

Mark Morford column at sfgate.com: "Oh right like you even care. "

Well, you should.

I recently had the need to purchase a Windows PC and bought a Sony laptop. I thought, "hey, Sony's a great company. They'll package and treat it just like Apple."

Wrong. It was a horrible experience. It was a brown cardboard box, printed with endless specifications. Inside the components look like they were dumped in there. The laptop itself had several very hard to remove stickers from everyone, including Intel and Microsoft - how often do you see people using laptops with these still on.

After using the laptop for a week I took it back. It felt cheap and breakable - the drive door did fall off.

Every time I've gotten a new Mac, I've been impressed at the experience of opening the box and setting up the machine. It is a thing of wonder.

No comments: