Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Who didn't know this already?

Male brains give clues to nagging questions: "The male brain secretes less of the powerful primary bonding chemical oxytocin and less of the calming chemical serotonin than the female brain.

So while women find emotional conversations a good way to chill out at the end of the day, the tired male brain needs to zone out all that touchy-feely chatter in order to relax -- which is why he wants the remote control to zap through 'mindless' sport or action movies."

I'll admit it, I don't do my fair share of the household chores. I'm not a slob, and I do most of the cooking, but Diane does all of the laundry and most of the cleaning (not all, most). I, of course, should do more.

I'd love to hire someone to do it all, but that's not gonna happen any time soon.

And if you're interested in the subject here's a really scary book.

Also see virtually anything by Steven Pinker. What? You haven't read Pinker? Man, you're missing some excellent stuff. Who'd of ever thunk I'd have fun reading a book about grammar?

No comments: