Friday, May 16, 2003

More Dreams

The other night I had a dream that doesn't quiet classify as reoccuring. It's the subject, not the content.

In these dreams, I wake up and find that I've travelled a few years back in time and retain all of my memories of what is now the future. This time for no reason I could think of, it was back to 1997. Before I'd traveled back to the late sixties - childhood.

What do they mean? Why do I dream of this? To have a memory of future events could give me power, riches, second chances. But it's also clear that it would be frustrating. Who would believe me? Do I know enough about events to actually profit from them? And would I really want to live through parts of my life again?

Strangeness, but not as bad as the one where I'm back in high school and suddenly remember I haven't attended a class in months, it's time for a big test, and I can't remember where the classroom or locker is.

Doubt, uncertainty, concern about the future? Not that I'm aware of. Probably random firing of the neurons that trigger off the little stories in my mind.

"Christ, what and imagination I've got!"

No comments: