Friday, May 16, 2003

No More Smoothies

I used to claim I had an iron stomach. I could eat anything, and nothing bothered me. Not any more. Even taking Nexium for a condition I didn't know I had (what the hell is "Barrett's Esophagus."?) - hell, I didn't think I had acid reflux - just belched a bit.

And last night Kathleen was working on a paper for school, up late, and asked me to make her a smoothie. Of course, I can't make just a little, so I had one, too.

My smoothie recipe - In a blender, add the following ingredients:

  • 2 cups ice cubes
  • 2 pealed bananas
  • The juice of one orange
  • 2 scoops protein powder
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • To the top of ingredients with sparkling or seltzer water


Blend till smooth. Last night I also added a cup of strawberries, and to my glass, a healthy dose of rum.

Actually, it's better without the strawberries.

It sat on my stomach all night and I'm still feeling it this morning. Couldn't have been the hot Italian sausage I had for supper last night.


No comments: